Vivaldi's folio

Is full of twiddles and ornaments. And is now to be found in London.

Name:
Location: London, Greater London, United Kingdom

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Not broken

My wrist, that is. And before you say anything, no, it was not caused by excessive flapping.

It's a bona fide sports injury, yes it is!

Admittedly, it's from falling while trying to do a Xanadu-esque skating trick on the ice rink, so it's quite possibly the gayest sporting injury conceivable, but there you have it.

So no broken bones then, thank you for asking. It will apparently get better by itself. And in the meantime I am enjoying 400mg tablets of lumiracoxib, which are fuzzy-feeling-inducing. Goddess bless Novartis!

...

Also, and this really is not related to anything written above, do you find your hair has changed colour over the years?

I went from being strawberry blond to mid-range mouse. Then, for a bit in my early 20s, I enjoyed actual chocolate-brown hair, which is the best colour I could have hoped for. Then back came the mouse. Then came a long period of experimentation with various hairdressers. But that is behind me now, and it's very weird indeed, but I do appear to be turning into a bit of a redhead. Look, maybe it's just an optical illusion caused by the fluorescent lights that are invariable fitted above dressing-room mirrors. Most odd.

So, dear Reader, tell me true: has this change of pelt happened to you?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are not permitted to use the term "bona fide sports injury" for anything injury sustained on the ice unless it resembles this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLmon0XoH3I

Somehow I doubt your Disney on Ice swollen wrist comes anywhere close.

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home