Vivaldi's folio

Is full of twiddles and ornaments. And is now to be found in London.

Name:
Location: London, Greater London, United Kingdom

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Your attention, please

The prologue to The Historical Novel is written!

A baby step, I know, but [dun-dun-duuuuun] it has begun.

Now I just have to remember to introduce characters and develop them and such, and not rush straight into the first juicy sex scene. (It's in the Baroque era. It's likely to have a lot of sex.)

Oh, and unfortunately, I am stuck on the sonata. Fugues are very, very, very difficult indeed. I suppose that's why it was generally left up to really, really smart people like Alessandro Scarlatti, JS Bach and Haendel to write them. Or in fact, anyone who actually studied composition rather than music history.

But hey, if I'd done that, you wouldn't have a Historical Novel in the pipeline, would you?

1 Comments:

Blogger ScroobiousScrivener said...

SQUEEEEE! So exciting! I am too thrilled. Really. Also: exposition and character development are overrated; I say dive right in. It's a valid narrative technique, honestly, and even if you do decide later that the reader might benefit from a *leetle* introduction - hey, that's what rewrites are for. But you should start with the bits that you're excited about. Gogogo!

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home