Vivaldi's folio

Is full of twiddles and ornaments. And is now to be found in London.

Name:
Location: London, Greater London, United Kingdom

Friday, February 16, 2007

Great singles, singleness and single-lessness

I'm really starting to lose patience with Amazon. After keeping me waiting for, oh, two months for the single Opportunity Nox - a truly catchy piece of music, though like many good pop songs the lyrics seem to make very little sense - now they tell me that this item will take a wee bit longer to deliver.

I know what will happen next. I do.

They'll be very sorry, but actually they won't be able to sell me what I asked for, because it's not available even though they have it listed on their website thus.

On the other hand, I am suddenly have endless patience for the concept of beng single. After pretty much a full decade of thinking I wanted to have a boyfriend and not much less than a full decade of searching for same - including a short but particularly exhilirating period of discovering that one can have friendly, no strings, meaningless sex (really, who knew? They don't show this kind of thing in Disney-style movies) - I have, overnight, decided that I simply don't want the hassle. I literally don't have time.

No thanks, you can keep it. I have lots - really - of amazing friends (who are mostly unfortunately quite concerned that I remain single while they are all getting married and making babies) who I love very much. And I'm writing a sonata for flute and cello, and I've promised myself I'll record my 'antique' arias soon, and I want to learn to play the violin and let's not forget that I'm pretty far down the road towards getting a new, rather well-paying job.

Oh, and I've got a novel in my head that really needs to be written.

When would I find time for romance? Well, I would find the time if it was someone complementary who is heading the same way I happen to be going. Otherwise, it'll just be a temporary distraction.

And it's an exhilirating feeling. I'm quite looking forward to the rest of my life, feeling completely cool with being a single person in a coupled world.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

People should read this.

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home