Vivaldi's folio

Is full of twiddles and ornaments. And is now to be found in London.

Name:
Location: London, Greater London, United Kingdom

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Happiness is an hour at the Wig

Or, more precisely, an hour of Haydn string quartets at Wigmore Hall. Scarcely, dear reader, does one find a Haydn performance and almost never four string quartets played back to back.

I was - and still am - in heaven.

No, the mathematically minded of you are not wrong, I didn't stay for the second half. This is because I have a very hurty head indeed and general not-feeling-well and also a loudly rumbly tummy, owing to having forgot to have lunch. Yes, it's been that kind of a week. Anyway, now I am propped up with a hurty head, my anti-rumbling Pot Noodles and the last movement in my head.

Haydn's a bit like Austen - his works are just so irresistibly happy.

Thanks London, for dusting off those Haydn quartets for us.

1 Comments:

Blogger ScroobiousScrivener said...

You're aliiiiiive! Yay!

(Not so much yay on the hurty tummy, head etc, though. Boo to that. But yay to blogging and fine music. Yay!)

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home