Vivaldi's folio

Is full of twiddles and ornaments. And is now to be found in London.

Name:
Location: London, Greater London, United Kingdom

Friday, October 28, 2005

And now, the eight o'clock menu

Now, let me not advocate drinking, for it is a wicked, wicked habit that has landed me in bed with strangers, er, in trouble.

But the following, had at the very lovely and terribly trendy Fino in Parktown North, is so completely delicious I had to share:

Take one double tequila (gold, not silver, and real tequila please - the kind that tastes rich and smooth and not the student version that immediately induces the gag reflex).
Take one half-slice of orange, dip both side in brown sugar and the thin edge in ground coffee.
Down tequila, eat orange slice.

I couldn't believe how good this tasted.

4 Comments:

Blogger Anhoni Patel said...

"Now, let me not advocate drinking, for it is a wicked, wicked habit that has landed me in bed with strangers, er, in trouble." - LOL.

Very funny. This sounds delic. Thanks for the tip!

oh, BTW, I was just aimlessly flipping through and that posting caught my attention.

2:19 AM  
Blogger vivaldifan said...

Most pleased I could entertain you during your aimless flipping!

Do let me know if you ever try the orange-coffee-tequila routine, and if you like it - I really was quite impressed but fear I should really have asked the waitress what *kind* of coffee they had used.

Good thing I'm a financial journalist and not a food critic.

1:08 PM  
Blogger ScroobiousScrivener said...

Mmm. That sounds good even to a tequila-despiser such as myself. Probably it's the quality of the tequila that makes the difference... we'll have to try this in December, then!

6:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you SAY strangers, but I believe we're all just random bedfellows wating to become best friends.


No sugar for me, so I'll JUST do the Tequila!

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home